Alpine Canada #PeakPics Contest
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
- SPONSOR & CONTEST PERIOD: The Alpine Canada #PeakPics Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Alpine Canada (the “Sponsor“). The Contest commences at 9:00:00 AM (ET) on February 6, 2021 and will end at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on March 11, 2021 (the “Contest Period“). All times are Eastern times.
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Contest and be eligible to win, a person (“Entrant”) must be a legal resident of Canada who at the time of entry has reached the age of majority in the province/territory in which he/she resides. This Contest is not open to employees of the Sponsor, affiliated companies, representatives or agents, their respective advertising or promotional agencies, the independent contest organization, or a member of any such employee’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom any of the above are domiciled (whether related to the employee or not). In these Official Contest Rules & Regulations (the “Official Rules”), “immediate family” means mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and/or legal or common-law spouse.
- HOW TO ENTER: No Purchase is Necessary. To enter the Contest, follow the steps below:
Step 1: At approximately 9:00:00 AM ET on February 6, 2021 (the “Contest Start Date”), the Sponsor will post a contest post (the “Contest Post”) on Alpine Canada’s Instagram account (@AlpineCanada) (the “Sponsor’s Account”). Comment on the Contest Post with the Hashtag #PeakPics (the “Comment”) (see rule 5 for Comment guidelines) and click “post”. Upon completion of Step 1, move onto Step 2 below.
Step 2: Post a photo (see rule 5 for Photo guidelines) of yourself on or near a mountain (past or present) (the “Photo”) to your Instagram account and include the hashtag #PeakPics (the “Hashtag”) and mention/tag @AlpineCanada (the “Mention”) in the caption section. Upon posting your Photo to your Instagram account, you will receive one (1) entry (the “Entry”) into the Contest (subject to completion of Step 1 (see above), compliance with these Official Rules and the Photo guidelines in rule 5).
ENTRIES: Please note, to enter the Contest, your Instagram account must be set to public. You MUST complete step 1 and step 2 (see rule 3) to receive an Entry into the Contest. Entries must comply with the Comment & Photo guidelines detailed in rule 5 to be eligible. Limit of one (1) Entry per account per person throughout the Contest Period. You may only use one (1) Instagram account to enter the Contest. Any person who is found to have entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or who has submitted more than the number of Entries permitted by these Official Rules will be disqualified. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. Multiple, separate posts contributed to the Hashtag will not increase the chances of winning. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter the Contest will be ineligible. Anyone found “spamming” by posting multiple unrelated updates or comments or by sending large numbers of duplicates to @AlpineCanada will be disqualified. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. The Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete Entries, which will be void. Proof of posting an Entry is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on March 11, 2021 (the “Contest Close Date”) to be entered into the draw(s) (see rule 7). In the event an Entrant posts inappropriate content, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, he or she will be disqualified. Any Entries that do not satisfy the requirements set out in rule 5 will be removed and be ineligible for entry into the Contest.
- COMMENT & PHOTO GUIDELINES:
- Each Comment:
- must be submitted through Instagram on the Sponsor’s Contest Post (see rule 3-step 1);
- must include the hashtag #PeakPics.
- Each Photo:
- must be posted on the Entrant’s Instagram account (see rule 3-step 2);
- must include the hashtag #Peakpics;
- must include the mention @AlpineCanada;
- must be a photo of the Entrant on or near a mountain;
- must be kept on the Entrant’s Instagram account up until all winners are confirmed.
- Each Comment and/or Photo:
- must be intended for family audience viewing and contain only content that, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, is suitable for all persons, including persons under the age of 13;
- must not contain any nude, sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, libelous or other inappropriate content of any kind whatsoever;
- must not contain any content that promotes any product or service other than that of the Sponsor;
- must not contain any language suggesting or encouraging illegal activity;
- must not contain anything that infringes or that may infringe anyone’s rights, including intellectual property rights;
- must not contain any personal information;
- must not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the eligible Entrant) or third party content that may be subject to and protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to artwork and photographs;
- must contain entirely original materials that have never before been published or selected as a winner in any other contest;
- must not contain any identifiable third party products and/or trade-marks, brands, logos or copyright, other than those of the Sponsor;
- must not contain any reference to or likeness of identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and such individuals are of the age of majority.
- PRIZES: There will be four (4) prizes (collectively referred to as the “Prizes” or a “Prize”) available to be won and they are as follows:
- FIRST PRIZE: There will be one (1) first prize (the “First Prize”) available to be won consisting of one (1) New Era Hat experience which includes working with the New Era Design Teamto design and create the winner’s very own, custom New Era Hat. The total approximate retail value (the “ARV”) of the First Prize is $2,000.00 (CAD).
- SECOND PRIZE: There will be one (1) second prize (the “Second Prize”) available to be won consisting of one (1) Sony ZV-1 digital Camera with an ARV of $999.00 (CAD).
- THIRD PRIZE: There will be one (1) third prize (the “Third Prize”) available to be won consisting of one (1) Helly Hansen Alpine/Para-Alpine Team Jacket with an ARV of $550.00 (CAD). The selection of the Helly Hansen team jacket will be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- FOURTH PRIZE: There will be one (1) fourth prize (the “Fourth Prize”) available to be won consisting of one (1) Descente Ski Cross Team Jacket with an ARV of $900.00 (CAD). The selection of the Descente Ski Cross team jacket will be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
New Era, Sony, Helly Hansen or Descente are not the sponsors or administrators of this Contest and none of them is in any way affiliated with this Contest. None of New Era, Sony, Helly Hansen or Descente shall be responsible for any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions or liability of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in this Contest or use of a Prize.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution, are not transferable, not for resale and have no cash surrender value. The Sponsor reserves the right, in the event that a Prize cannot be awarded as described for any reason, to substitute another prize of equal or greater value, without liability. Limit of one (1) Prize per person.
- PRIZE DRAWS: A total of four (4) random Prize draws (one (1) per prize) will be held in Toronto, ON at 11:00 AM ET on March 12, 2021 (the “Draw Date”) from among all Entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of being selected for a Prize depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Contest Period. The Sponsor will attempt to contact each selected Entrant by sending a direct message to the Entrant’s Instagram account within five (5) business days of the Draw Date. The selected Entrant associated with the Instagram account will then be asked to reply via Instagram Private Message to provide his/her Contact Information within two (2) business days so that a release form (see rule 8) can be issued and so that a skill-testing question can be administered (see rule 8). If a selected Entrant (a) does not reply via Private Message with his/her contact information within two (2) business days; or (b) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see rule 8), then he/she will be disqualified and another eligible Entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made with a selected Entrant or there are no more Eligible Entries, whichever comes first. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected Entrant.
- To be declared a Prize winner, a selected Entrant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question. The selected must also complete and return a Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”) within five (5) business days. By completing and returning the Release Form, and accepting the Prize, the Prize Winner confirms compliance with the Official Rules, acknowledges that the Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be substituted or transferred, releases the Sponsor, its respective affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest organization, and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all liability in connection with the Contest and/or the awarding and use of the Prize, and consents to the use of his/her name, address (city and province/territory), and/or photographs, without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest. The Release Form must be returned within the time period specified on the Release Form or the Prize will be forfeited. Each Prize will be coordinated by the Sponsor with the Prize winner(s) within four (4) to six (6) weeks of receiving the fully completed Release Form.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering the Contest, Entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
- If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Instagram account used at the time of Entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned the Instagram Account by Instagram. An Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Instagram account associated with the Entry.
- GENERAL: The Sponsor and the independent contest organization do not assume any responsibility and are not responsible for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information and entries that fail to comply with the Official Rules; (ii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by the awarded Prize or the Contest itself; or (iii) any failure of Instagram during the Contest Period, including any problems, human or technical, printing errors, lost, delayed, garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or computer lines, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any material connected to the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with (i) the laws of the Province of Québec and the laws of Canada applicable therein in respect of residents of the Province of Québec, and (ii) the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein in respect of residents of the other Canadian provinces/territories, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any attempt by a participant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest could be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, the Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, to terminate the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible Entries.
- FOR QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct and awarding of the Prize in this Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the Grand Prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. Personal information collected from Entrants will only be used by the Sponsor to administer the For more information regarding the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information by the Sponsor, please visit https://alpinecanada.org/page/privacy-policy-security.