The Alpine Canada 100th Anniversary Contest
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Open to residents of Canada only
- No Purchase Necessary. The Alpine Canada 100th Anniversary Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Alpine Canada (the “Sponsor”). The Contest begins at 4:00 PM (ET) on December 22, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on March 7, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). All times are Eastern Times.
- ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Contest and be eligible for a chance to win a Prize (see rule 4) a person (“Entrant”) must, at the time of entry, be a legal resident of Canada who has reached the age of majority or older in the province in which he/she resides. Specifically excluded from entering the Contest are: (i) employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and advertising and promotional agencies of the Sponsor, and each of its subsidiaries and affiliates (the “Promotion Parties”); and (ii) a member of any such person’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related to the person or not). In these Official Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner or spouse.
- HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: During the Contest Period, visit aca100.alpinecanada.org/contest (the “Contest Website”) and complete the entry form with your personal, valid email address and postal code; check the box to confirm compliance with these Official Rules; indicate whether you would like to receive information about future promotions and new products from the Sponsor, Cold-FX, Helly Hansen, Resorts of the Canadian Rockies, Mackenzie Investments, and Steam Whistle (optional); and confirm you accept that data collected on the entry form will be collected and shared with the applicable promotional agencies in order to administer the Contest. Upon completion, click the “enter” button and you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Limit of one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period.
Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM on March 7, 2021 (the “Contest Close Date”). Any person who is found to have entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or who has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these Official Rules will be disqualified. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of delivery. Entries generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified. The Contest Parties will not be responsible for late, lost, illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete entries, all which will be void. All entries become the property of the Sponsor upon receipt and none will be returned.
- PRIZES: There are five (5) grand prizes (collectively the “Grand Prizes” or each a “Grand Prize”) and four (4) secondary prizes (collectively the “Secondary Prizes” or each a “Secondary Prize”) available to be won during the Contest Period. The Grand Prizes and Secondary Prizes will be collectively referred to as the “Prizes” or “Prize”.
- GRAND PRIZES: There are five Grand Prizes available to be won during the Contest Period which are as follows:
I. COLD-FX GRAND PRIZE: There is one (1) Cold-Fx Grand Prize available to be won (the “Cold-FX Prize”), consisting of the following:
- 1 ½ hour virtual Zoom ski lesson (the “Virtual Zoom Ski Lesson”) with Erik Guay and Marielle Michelle Gagnon. The virtual Zoom ski lesson will take place on a specified date between February 23, 2021 and March 31, 2022 with an approximate retail value (the “ARV“) of $2,000.00 (CAD).
- Two (2) pairs of HEAD skis with bindings with an ARV of $2,200.00 (CAD). Type of Skis & bindings will be selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Two (2) Dale of Norway 100th Anniversary sweaters with a total ARV of $600.00 (CAD).
The total ARV of the Cold-FX Prize is $4,800.00 (CAD).
II. MACKENZIE INVESTMENTS GRAND PRIZE: There are two (2) Mackenzie Investments Grand Prizes available to be won (the “Mackenzie Prize”), each Grand Prize consists of the following:
- One (1) prize of $2,500.00 (CAD) to be used for a Mackenzie Investments RRSP or RESP. The selected recipient must also sign and return a declaration & release form within the designated time frame in order to receive a prize.
- One (1) pair of custom-built Elan skis for the winner along with a virtual meet and great with Brittany Phelan and Brady Leman with a total ARV of $5,000.00 (CAD).
The total ARV of each Mackenzie Prize is $7,500.00 (CAD).
III. HELLY HANSEN & RESORTS OF THE CANADIAN ROCKIES (“RCR”) GRAND PRIZE: There is one (1) Helly Hansen & RCR Grand Prize available to be won (the “Helly Hansen & RCR Prize”), consisting of the following:
- One (1) of the following RCR ski packages (the “RCR Ski Package”) for the winner and one (1) guest as selected by the winner:
1) RCR Ski Package at Fernie Ski Resort in Fernie, BC for three (3) days and two (2) nights; Two (2) lift tickets for Three (3) days; ski or snowboard rental equipment for Three (3) days; and two (2) nights accommodations for the winner and their guest (double occupancy). Redeemable during the 2022 Ski Season (approx. December 2021 – March 2022).The ARV of the RCR Ski Package at Fernie Ski Resort in Fernie, BC is $1,360.00 (CAD).
2) Ski Package at Kimberly Alpine resort in Kimberley, BC for four (4) days and three (3) nights; Two (2) lift tickets for four (4) days; ski or snowboard rental equipment for the winner and guest for four (4) days; and three (3) nights accommodations for the winner and their guest (double occupancy). Redeemable during the 2022 Ski Season (approx. December 2021 – March 2022). The ARV of the Ski Package at Kimberly Alpine resort in Kimberley, BC is $1,530.00.
3) Ski Package at Mont-Sainte-Anne ski resort in Beaupre, QC including two (2) lift tickets for three (3) days; and ski or snowboard rental equipment for three (3) days. Accommodations is NOT included and is the sole responsibly of the winner and guest. Redeemable during the 2021 & 2022 Ski Season (Feb 2021 – March 2022) The ARV of the Ski Package at Mont-Sainte-Anne ski resort in Beaupre, QC is $530.00 (CAD).
The RCR Ski Package must be coordinated through the Sponsor and/or representative of the Sponsor and must be taken during the redemption dates as listed above. Blackout dates between December 17, 2021 and January 8, 2022 and February 18, 2022 to February 22, 2022 apply. The winner must select a date to redeem the RCR Ski Package within 30 days of returning the winner declaration & release form (see rule 6). The maximum ARV of the RCR Ski Package is $1,530.00 depending on which RCR Ski Package is selected. Please note: Transportation to/from the RCR resort is not included and is the sole responsibility of the winner & guest.
- Two (2) Helly Hansen ski jackets and snow pants with a total ARV of $1,000 (CAD). The selection of the Helly Hansen ski jackets and snow pants will be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Two (2) Alpine Canada 100th Anniversary toque and swag items with a total ARV of $500.00 (CAD).
The total ARV of the Helly Hansen & RCR Prize is $3,030.00 (CAD).
IV. STEAM WHISTLE GRAND PRIZE: There is one (1) Steam Whistle Grand Prize available to be won (the “Steam Whistle Prize”), consisting of the following:
- A Mike Wiegele Helicopter three (3) day Deluxe Package (the “Helicopter Experience”) in Blue Water, BC for the winner & one (1) guest which includes skiing with a former alumni or current Alpine Canada athlete. The Helicopter Experience includes the following for the winner & guest: three (3) gourmet meals a day, complimentary powder specific skis or snowboards, personal safety gear, and three (3) days of log Chalet accommodations (double occupancy). The Helicopter Experience must be coordinated through the Sponsor and/or representative of the Sponsor and must be taken by March 31, 2022. The Helicopter Experience must be taken between Saturday-Tuesday or Tuesday-Friday. The winner must select a date to redeem the Helicopter Experience within 30 days of returning the winner declaration & release form (see rule 6). The total ARV of the Helicopter Experience is $10,000 (CAD). Please note: Transportation to/from Blue Water, BC to participate in the Helicopter Experience is not included and is the sole responsibility of the winner & guest.
- Two (2) Steam Whistle prize packs (“Steam Whistle Prize Pack”), each consisting of a selection of Steam Whistle branded products including a bottle opener, Toque, Puffer Jacket, Fleece Jacket, and a snap back hat. The total approximate retail value of each Steam Whistle Prize Pack is $245.00 (CAD).
The total ARV of the Steam Whistle Prize is $10,490.00 (CAD).
RCR SKI PACKAGE, VIRTUAL ZOOM SKI LESSON, & HELICOPTER EXPERIENCE CONDITIONS:
Please note: Transportation and/or accommodation and/or any other expenses not specified in the Grand Prize description above is not included. RCR Ski Package, Virtual Zoom Ski Lesson & Helicopter Experience dates are subject to availability and blackout periods including holidays and select weekends. Bookings are subject to each Grand Prize provider’s availability. The Grand Prize winner and, where applicable, their Guest are solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein, including, without limitation, as applicable, transportation, accommodations, additional meals and beverages, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, travel and medical insurance, and all personal expenses of any kind or nature. Coordination of the Ski Package and/or Virtual Zoom Ski Lesson and/or Helicopter Experience must be made through the Sponsor or its designated agent(s). The Grand Prize winner and Guest must be available to participate in the Grand Prize during the selected Dates and no change in reservation can be made by a winner once his/her reservation has been confirmed, otherwise the Grand Prize will be forfeited. The Sponsor reserves the right to change the reservation date at its sole discretion depending on Grand Prize availability. It is recommended that the winner and his/her Guest obtain sufficient personal insurance prior to departure, which is the responsibility of the winner and Guest. The winner and Guest must participate in the Grand Prize on the identical itinerary. As a condition of participating in the RCR Ski Package, Virtual Zoom Ski Lesson or Helicopter Experience, the guest will be required to sign and return within the time stipulated by the Sponsor, a full declaration and release form stating that, among other things, he/she has read and understood these Official Rules, grants all consents required, accepts to participate in the Grand Prize as offered and releases the Releasees (defined below) from any and all liability of any kind arising out of the guest’s participation in the Grand Prize, including, without limitation, all travel related thereto. The Sponsor is not responsible if any related event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and the winner will not be reimbursed for any portion of the Grand Prize that may become unavailable once reservations have commenced. The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or terminate the award of the Grand Prize or any component of the Grand Prize in the event that the Grand Prize winner and/or his/her Guest engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive behaviour, or behaviour with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- SECONDARY PRIZES: There are four (4) Secondary Prizes available to be won during the Contest Period, each secondary prize consists of one (1) Descente Backpack and one (1) Steam Whistle Prize Pack. The total approximate retail value of the Descente Backpack is $400.00 (CAD). Each Steam Whistle Prize Pack consists of a selection of Steam Whistle branded products including a bottle opener, Toque, Puffer Jacket, Fleece Jacket, and a snap back hat. The total approximate retail value of the Steam Whistle Prize Pack is $245.00 (CAD). The total approximate retail value of each secondary prize is $645.00 (CAD).
Prizes must be accepted as awarded without substitution and are not transferable (except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor). Under no circumstance may any portion, component or element of the Prize be resold or offered for resale by the Prize winner or any other person. Other restrictions may apply. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize or any component of the Prize for a prize of equal or greater value. Only five (5) Grand Prizes and four (4) Secondary Prizes will be awarded in the Contest. Limit of one (1) Prize per person during the Contest.
- PRIZE DRAWS: Five (5) Grand Prize random draws (1 draw per Grand Prize) and four (4) Secondary Prize random draws will be held on March 9, 2021 in Oakville ON starting at 10:00 AM (ET) from among all eligible entries received by the Contest Close Date. Odds of being selected for a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received by the Contest Close Date. The selected Entrant will be contacted either by email and/or telephone within two (2) business days of the Draw Date. If a selected Entrant (a) cannot be reached by email and/or telephone within five (5) business days of the first notification; (b) fails to correctly answer the skill testing question (see rule 6); or (c) fails to return the properly executed Release Form within the specified time (see rule 6), then he/she will be disqualified and another Entrant will be randomly selected until such time as contact is made by email or telephone with a selected Entrant or there are no more eligible entries. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected Entrant.
- To be declared a Prize winner, a selected Entrant must answer correctly, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill testing question. Each selected Entrant will also be required to sign a Declaration and Release Form (the “Release Form”) which (among other things): (a) confirms compliance with these Official Rules including eligibility requirements; (b) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as awarded; (c) releases the Promotion Parties and each of their respective agents and associated companies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the potential Prize winner’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (d) confirms agreement to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of the potential Prize winner’s name, address, voice, statements about the Contest, photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by the Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast and the internet. The Release Form must be returned within five (5) days of notification or the Prize may be forfeited. The Sponsor shall have no liability if the notification is lost, intercepted or not received by the selected Entrant for any reason including but not limited to if the notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable. If a selected Entrant is found to be ineligible for, or declines a Prize for any reason prior to award, the selected Entrant will be disqualified and an alternate selected Entrant will be randomly selected. Upon receipt of the completed Release Form and of the skill testing question correctly answered, the Prize will be coordinated with the Prize winner by the Sponsor within six (6) to eight (8) weeks. The Grand Prize winner’s guest must also sign a Release Form in the form provided by Sponsor within the time specified by the Sponsor. The winner may not change his/her guest after the Release Forms are signed and returned.
- By entering the Contest and/or accepting a Prize, a winner consents to the use of his/her name, address (city and province/territory) and/or photograph or other likeness without further compensation, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to this Contest, except to the extent prohibited by law, and to the release of their name in accordance with rule 14.
- CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: By entering the Contest, Entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the Official Rules and by the decisions of the independent contest organization, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
- If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized email account holder of the email account used at the time of Entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned the email account by a service provider. An Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the Entry.
- GENERAL: The Sponsor and the independent contest organization do not assume any responsibility and are not responsible for (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information and entries that fail to comply with the Official Rules; (ii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by an awarded Prize or the Contest itself; or (iii) any failure of the Contest Website during the Contest Period, including any problems, human or technical, printing errors, lost, delayed, garbled data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone or computer lines, or technical malfunction of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from downloading any material connected to the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest. Entry material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of the Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrants and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with (i) the laws of the Province of Québec and the laws of Canada applicable therein in respect of residents of the Province of Québec, and (ii) the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein in respect of residents of the other Canadian provinces/territories, without regard to conflicts of law principles. Any attempt by a participant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest could be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, to terminate or suspend this Contest or to amend the Official Rules at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever. Without limiting the foregoing, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, for example as a result of tampering or infection by computer virus, the Sponsor reserves the right, with the consent of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, to terminate the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries.
- FOR QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct and awarding of the Prize in this Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the Prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- CONSENT TO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION: The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. Personal information collected from Entrants will only be used by the Sponsor to administer the Contest For more information regarding the manner of collection, use and disclosure of personal information by the Sponsor, please visit https://alpinecanada.org/page/privacy-policy-security.